Shaheen Joins Risch to Introduce Bipartisan Bill to Improve Small Businesses' Access to Cyber Security Resources
- Ensures cybersecurity training and resources for small businesses are effective, accessible and relevant;
- Establishes a Central Small Business Cybersecurity Unit at the Small Business Administration (SBA) to oversee the agency’s cybersecurity efforts;
- Creates a publicly available clearinghouse for small business cybersecurity resources at the SBA;
- Enhances cybersecurity resources and training available for small businesses through SBA resource partners;
- Improves information sharing for small business cybersecurity between the SBA, Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) and other federal agencies; and
- Reviews the cybersecurity hygiene of small businesses that went online during the COVID-19 pandemic.
As a senior member of the Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship and as a former small business owner, Senator Shaheen is a fierce advocate for New Hampshire’s small business community. Shaheen helped pass several laws to support small businesses, including the Small Business Cyber Training Act, which requires the SBA to establish a training program for Small Business Development Centers (SBDCs) to prepare counselors in cyber planning assistance. In addition, the Disaster Assistance for Rural Small Businesses Act, led by Shaheen and Senator Risch, would allow rural communities to more easily access emergency relief in the wake of a natural disaster.