Congressionally Directed Spending Requests
One of the most fundamental constitutional duties of Congress is the appropriations process—the annual allocation of funds for federal discretionary programs that support national defense, small businesses, transportation, food assistance for low-income seniors, research and development, and much more. As a member of the Senate Appropriations Committee, Senator Shaheen looks to ensure that the federal government invests in policies and programs that provide assistance to Granite State communities and help our nation move forward.
In accordance with newly enacted reforms by the Senate Appropriations Committee to increase accountability and transparency related to congressionally requested spending, Senator Shaheen is making publicly available the list of congressionally directed spending requests she submitted for the Fiscal Year (FY) 2022 appropriations process. The bills listed below were open to requests for congressionally directed spending. These disclosures are being released in accordance with the deadlines set forth by the Committee.
- Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration and Related Agencies
- Commerce, Justice, Science and Related Agencies
- Energy and Water Development
- Financial Services and General Government
- Homeland Security
- Interior, Environment, and Related Agencies
- Labor, Health and Human Services, Education, and Related Agencies
- Military Construction, Veterans Affairs, and Related Agencies
- Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies
- Legislative Branch
- State, Foreign Operations, and Related Programs