What is Casework

The following information, including links and contact information, are resources to help you determine if your issue/concern is casework. If you cannot find the information you are looking for, or need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact one of my state offices and a member of my staff will be happy to assist you.

Federal Agency Assistance
My office can assist constituents who are having issues with a federal agency such as the Social Security Administration or the Internal Revenue Service. If you are not sure if your problem involves a federal agency, please visit USA.gov or click here. Or, simply call one of my offices, and we can help you.

Judicial/Legal Matters
If your concerns are legal in nature, you may need to contact an attorney or the appropriate judicial agency. As a United States Senator, jurisdiction over such matters is limited by law. My office will attempt to provide you with the suitable contacts that can assist you with your case. Examples of judicial or legal matters include child custody, divorce, and criminal trials or imprisonment.

You may wish to contact the New Hampshire Bar Association for legal advice, services and referrals available to New Hampshire residents at www.nhbar.org/ or the New Hampshire Legal Advice and Referral Center at 1(800) 639-5290 or www.larcnh.org.

If your concern involves the New Hampshire prison system, you should contact the New Hampshire Department of Corrections at (603) 271-5600 or www.nh.gov/nhdoc/.

State Government
If your concerns involve the New Hampshire State Government or State legislation you should contact Governor Hassan's office at (603) 271-2121 or at www.governor.nh.gov/. The Governor has a dedicated constituent service staff devoted to assisting constituents with issues involving state agencies. Examples of such issues include child support, motor vehicle registration, loss of license, and state taxes.

Do I need to be a resident of the State of New Hampshire for Senator Shaheen to assist me?
It is the long standing tradition of the Senate to afford the Senator from your home state the opportunity to assist you. If you are not a resident of the State of New Hampshire, as a courtesy, my office will forward your information and case materials to one or both of the Senators in the state in which you reside. Click here if you need assistance determining who the Senators are for your state.

Open a Case

If you would like to contact Senator Shaheen for help with a federal agency, please click the button below.

Open A Case