Skip to content

Veterans Administration

The following information, including links and contact information, are resources to help you with questions and concerns you may have regarding veterans affairs.  If you cannot find the information you are looking for, or need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact one of my state offices and a member of my staff will be happy to assist you.


If you have a claim or appeal with the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), my office can check on the status of your case.  Please note that my office cannot expedite claims and/or appeals and does not have the ability to influence a case's outcome.  My office can help to ensure that the VA gives your case the consideration it deserves.

Note** If a veteran is terminally ill and has medical evidence to support his/her illness, or can demonstrate evidence of economic hardship, such as imminent foreclosure or eviction, the New Hampshire VA may be able to expedite their claim.  Please contact my office for assistance with requesting expedited processing.

Veterans Organizations

There are several veterans organizations available within the state, and nationally, to assist veterans with their disability claims, appeals, employment options, and general questions.  Some of these organizations are listed below:

  • The American Legion
  • Disabled American Veterans
  • NH American Legion
  • Veterans of Foreign Wars
  • Military Order of the Purple Heart
  • National Gulf War Resource Center
  • Korea Defense Veterans of America, Inc.
  • NH Division of Veterans Services

What is Casework?

If you are having trouble solving a problem with a federal agency, Senator Shaheen may be able to help. Due to the separation of powers, we are unable to assist with problems not related to federal agencies, such as judicial or state matters. Read More

Open a Case

If you would like to contact Senator Shaheen for help with a federal agency, please click the button below.